See the Rappahannock anyway you’d like!
- Take a guided canoe or kayak paddle (up to 12 people) on your choice of the scenic tributaries of the Rappahannock
- Motor further on a guided trip on board a classic Boston Whaler Montauk, the perfect boat to explore the Rappahannock
- Jump on with a working waterman in a Carolina Skiff- Wear Boots!
- Step back in time aboard ‘Spartina’, a 26ft, locally built, Chesapeake Bay Wooden Deadrise (capacity 6) for a fishing trip or scenic cruise on the lower Rappahannock River
Hands on activities:
- Build a custom Bucktail for your fishing trip
- Learn to tie traditional mesh fishing nets
- Make your own Crab Pot
- Make your own oyster reef to place in our Rappahannock Sanctuary
- Learn traditional oystering practices and emerging aquaculture techniques
- Walk through a crab shedding operation and learn the lingo of Sooks, Jimmies and Peelers
- Swimming/Tubing/Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Fisherman/Farmer to Fork tastings
Other Specialty Tours:
- Oyster Aquaculture
- Crab Shedding
- Night Fishing
- Star Gazing
Captain and Rappahannock River Guide, Richard Moncure is fully licensed and certified by the United States Coast Guard and the American Canoe Association. Join Captain Moncure and his family of waterpeople to enjoy the bounty of the Rappahannock River, and the rich heritage of the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula.